English Hindi Dictionary & Translation
What is the meaning of Zero in Hindi?
Meaning of Zero in Hindi is :
Definition of word zero
- The numerical symbol 0; a cipher. (noun)
- Mathematics The identity element for addition. (noun)
- Mathematics A cardinal number indicating the absence of any or all units under consideration. (noun)
- Mathematics An ordinal number indicating an initial point or origin. (noun)
- Mathematics An argument at which the value of a function vanishes. (noun)
- The temperature indicated by the numeral 0 on a thermometer. (noun)
- A sight setting that enables a firearm to shoot on target. (noun)
- Informal One having no influence or importance; a nonentity: a manager who was a total zero. (noun)
- The lowest point: His prospects were approaching zero. (noun)
- A zero-coupon bond. (noun)
- Informal Nothing; nil: Today I accomplished zero. (noun)
- Of, relating to, or being zero. (adjective)
- Having no measurable or otherwise determinable value. (adjective)
- Informal Absent, inoperative, or irrelevant in specified circumstances: "The town has . . . practically no opportunities for amusement, zero culture” ( Robert M. Adams). (adjective)
- Meteorology Designating a ceiling not more than 16 meters (52 feet) high. (adjective)
- Meteorology Limited in horizontal visibility to no more than 55 meters (180 feet). (adjective)
- Linguistics Of or relating to a morpheme that is expected by an established, regular paradigm but has no spoken or written form. Moose has a zero plural; that is, its plural is moose. (adjective)
- To adjust (an instrument or a device) to zero value. (verb-transitive)
- zero in To aim or concentrate firepower on an exact target location. (phrasal-verb)
- zero in To adjust the aim or sight of by repeated firings. (phrasal-verb)
- zero in To converge intently; close in: The children zeroed in on the display of toys in the store window. (phrasal-verb)
- zero out To eliminate (a budget or budget item) by cutting off funding. (phrasal-verb)
- zero out To reduce to zero. (phrasal-verb)
Examples of word zero
- The term "zero tolerance" came into popular usage during the Reagan presidency when Congress passed the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act.
- The potential of electric vehicles and fuel cell vehicles to dramatically cut emissions from cars is tremendous, though the term "zero emissions motoring" needs to be treated with caution.
- Over the past two months in particular, Turkey's leaders have been adjusting a foreign policy that went under the rubric "zero problems with neighbors" to changes forced by the Arab Spring, analysts say.
- Consider This: An intriguing image characterizes this unusual name, but its similarity to the word zero may be holding it back.
- The term zero-energy home was coined by the Department of Energy as part of a program to create technologies for homes that would produce all of their own energy by 2010.
Varients Of Word zero
- zero gravity => (h)
- zero grazing => (h)
- zero hour => (h)
- zero in => (V) (i)
- zero stage => (h)
- zero-divisor => (N)
- zero-point energy => (h)
- zero-rated => (A)
- zeroed => (N) (V)
- zeroing => (N)
- zeroth => (A)
- zero => (N) (A)