English Hindi Dictionary & Translation
What is the meaning of Slow in Hindi?
Meaning of Slow in Hindi is :
Definition of word slow
- Not moving or able to move quickly; proceeding at a low speed: a slow train; slow walkers. (adjective)
- Marked by a retarded tempo: a slow waltz. (adjective)
- Taking or requiring a long time: the slow job of making bread. (adjective)
- Taking more time than is usual: a slow worker; slow progress in the peace negotiations. (adjective)
- Allowing movement or action only at a low speed: a slow track; a slow infield. (adjective)
- Registering a time or rate behind or below the correct one: a slow clock. (adjective)
- Lacking in promptness or willingness; not precipitate: They were slow to accept our invitation. (adjective)
- Characterized by a low volume of sales or transactions: Business was slow today. (adjective)
- Lacking liveliness or interest; boring: a slow party. (adjective)
- Not having or exhibiting intellectual or mental quickness: a slow learner. (adjective)
- Only moderately warm; low: a slow oven. (adjective)
- So as to fall behind the correct time or rate: The watch runs slow. (adverb)
- At a low speed: Go slow! (adverb)
- To make slow or slower. (verb-transitive)
- To delay; retard. (verb-transitive)
- To become slow or slower. (verb-intransitive)
Examples of word slow
- You see the hog's back trail was fifteen miles shorter than the Valley road and they could afford to go it slow; in fact, _very slow_.
- This was a very slow business, and _too slow_ to suit me, yet I continued to run it about three months, when by repeated losses on decayed fruit, and the too frequent visits of relatives and friends, we found the business in an unhealthy condition and lost no time in looking up a buyer, which we were fortunate in finding and successful in getting a good price from.
- His is a good example of what I term slow farming.
- In today's New York Times, media writer Jeremy W. Peters examines what he characterizes as a slow decline of the Los Angeles Times newspaper since being bought in 2000 by The Tribune Company.
- In today s New York Times, media writer Jeremy W. Peters examines what he characterizes as a slow decline of the Los Angeles Times newspaper since...
Varients Of Word slow
- slow burn => (h)
- slow handclap => (h)
- slow loris => (h)
- slow march => (h)
- slow match => (h)
- slow motion => (h) (A)
- slow time => (h)
- slow-motion => (A)
- slow-moving => (A)
- slow-up => (N)
- slow-witted => (A)
- slowcoach => (N)
- slowdown => (N)
- slowly => (v)
- slowness => (N)
- slowpoke => (N)
- slowworm => (N)
- slow => (A) (v) (V)