English Hindi Dictionary & Translation
What is the meaning of Pace in Hindi?
Meaning of Pace in Hindi is :
Definition of word pace
- A step made in walking; a stride. (noun)
- A unit of length equal to 30 inches (0.76 meter). (noun)
- The distance spanned by a step or stride, especially: (noun)
- The modern version of the Roman pace, measuring five English feet. Also called geometric pace. (noun)
- Thirty inches at quick marching time or 36 at double time. (noun)
- Five Roman feet or 58.1 English inches, measured from the point at which the heel of one foot is raised to the point at which it is set down again after an intervening step by the other foot. (noun)
- The rate of speed at which a person, animal, or group walks or runs. (noun)
- The rate of speed at which an activity or movement proceeds. (noun)
- A manner of walking or running: a jaunty pace. (noun)
- A gait of a horse in which both feet on one side are lifted and put down together. (noun)
- To walk or stride back and forth across: paced the floor nervously. (verb-transitive)
- To measure by counting the number of steps needed to cover a distance. (verb-transitive)
- To set or regulate the rate of speed for. (verb-transitive)
- To advance or develop (something) at a particular rate or tempo: a thriller that was paced at a breathtaking speed. (verb-transitive)
- To train (a horse) in a particular gait, especially the pace. (verb-transitive)
- To walk with long deliberate steps. (verb-intransitive)
- To go at the pace. Used of a horse or rider. (verb-intransitive)
- With the permission of; with deference to. Used to express polite or ironically polite disagreement: I have not, pace my detractors, entered into any secret negotiations. (preposition)
Examples of word pace
- I've somehow molted the Camus of it all and have been walking at my own pace through the meat of New York City, ignoring the pedestrian traffic that I am fucking up by not keeping * the pace* and walking at the gait my mind sets for my body.
- That might feel ominous for Villas-Boas, whose team sit fourth in the Premier League, 14 points off the title pace and casting nervous glances back at the pack chasing the final Champions League spot.
- However, that said, given the amount of creative blindsiding we have been exposed to for two seasons already, I would not assume that this lapse in pace is something we are likely to see continue.
- The mini potato rolls are tasty, and a nice change in pace from the other burger places in Midtown
- This season, Rafa Benitez's troops are well off the title pace and are battling simply to ensure they finish fourth to secure another season of UEFA Champions League football.
Varients Of Word pace
- pace egg => (h)
- paced => (A) (V)
- pacemaker => (N)
- pacer => (N)
- pacesetter => (N)
- paceway => (N)
- pace => (N) (t) (i) (P)